Updating the various family trees I posted a few years ago has been a long overdue task. These trees have grown so large, that a nice graphical representation is impossible. So…back to using the traditional generational list format.
Family Tree Key:
This family tree is arranged by generations. The numbers that appear before are name refer to generations.
- John Smith (The ancestor whose descendants have been documented)
- Adam Smith (This is the 1st generation level. He would be John Smith’s child)
- Carrie Smith (This is the 3rd generation level.She would be John Smith’s grand daughter)
- Robert Smith (This is the 4th generation level. He would be John Smith’s great grandson)
- Helen Smith (This is the 5th generation level. She would be John Smith’s 2x great grand daughter)
- Randolph Smith (This is the 6th generation level. He would be John Smith’s 3x great grand son)
I have made every effort to delete details for living people. I’ve also made every effort to delete details of people who would make it easy to find their living descendants. I may have missed a handful. If I have, please accept my apologies and let me know. I will remove them from this list of descendants.
Descendants of David K Harling (Harlan)
with roots in Edgefield County, South Carolina
David Harling is a descendant of the old English-north Irish-Pennsylvania Quaker Harlan family. His family changed the name from Harlan to Harling upon their arrival in Edgefield, South Carolina.