This update has been long, long, long overdue.
Family Tree Key:
This family tree is arranged by generations. The numbers that appear before are name refer to generations.
- John Smith (The ancestor whose descendants have been documented)
- Adam Smith (This is the 1st generation level. He would be John Smith’s child)
- Carrie Smith (This is the 3rd generation level.She would be John Smith’s grand daughter)
- Robert Smith (This is the 4th generation level. He would be John Smith’s great grandson)
- Helen Smith (This is the 5th generation level. She would be John Smith’s 2x great grand daughter)
- Randolph Smith (This is the 6th generation level. He would be John Smith’s 3x great grand son)
I have made every effort to delete details for living people. I’ve also made every effort to delete details of people who would make it easy to find their living descendants. I may have missed a handful. If I have, please accept my apologies and let me know. I will remove them from this list of descendants.
Descendants of Drury Cook Matthews*
with roots in Edgefield County, South Carolina
* includes Mathis & Mathes
While I have traced this line back to the Matthews family of Virginia (and beyond), this tree begins in Edgefield, South Carolina.